2011 Audi R8 V8 Spyder
When one thinks of a 'usable super car' the R8 is often at the top of the list. Combining Audi's famed usability and reliability with their performance heritage (and the reach into Lamborghini's parts catalogue) was a recipe for success - and it shows, with over 40,000 sold worldwide. The Spyder (Audi's word for the R8 convertable) enabled the full top-down super car experience whilst losing none of the cars usability. Utilising the benefits of its all-aluminium ASF (Audi Space Frame) design, the strength is in the superstructure itself rather than the cars body panels. This enables the Spyder to be exceptionally rigid without a roof - something that cannot be said for many cars of similar ilk.
The Spyder enabled the full top-down super car experience whilst losing none of the cars usability.
This particular R8 utilises the well-proven Audi 4.2 litre power plant matched to a bolt-action manual gated gearshift, and has transcended from simple nostalgia into a true investment opportunity, thanks in part, to its analogue driving experience.
Producing north of 400 bhp the V8 was the perfect fit for Audi to take the fight to its rivals. Revving to 8,000 rpm, the R8 was catapulted past 60mph in around 4.5 seconds, 100mph in a little over 10 sec and 125mph arrived after 15 seconds. Top speed? Plenty, only giving up once the speedo has passed 180mph.
Here in the catwalk combination of Daytona Grey metallic with Amulet Red fine Nappa leather, it has the look to match its quintessential V8 soundtrack. The car presents in outstanding condition with only small imperfections expected with only 19,000 miles of use by its 4 owners, 3 of which were in the same family.
- Daytona Grey Metallic
- Amulet Red Fine Nappa Leather
- Audi Satellite Navigation System Plus
- Bluetooth Telephone Connectivity
- Audi Magnetic Ride
- Upgrade Sound System & Speaker Package
- Audi Music Interface (AMI)
- Heated Seats
- Light & Rain Sensor Package With Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
- 3-Spoke Leather Bound Multi Function Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
- Audi Hill Hold Assist
- Wind Deflector
- Front & Rear Acoustic Parking System Plus
- LED Headlights with Daytime Running Lights
- 19" 5-Arm Double Spoke Alloys
- Fitted Audi Carpet Mats
- Used Car Multi-Point Check - 15/12/2011 @787 miles
- Minor Service - 01/03/2013 @8,025 miles
- Minor Service - 20/03/2014 @11,056 miles
- Major Service inc. A/C and Brake Fluid - 28/08/2020 @18,259 miles
- Minor Service - 06/09/2021 @18,702 miles
At A Glance
✔️ Only 18,900 miles
✔️ Coveted 6-Speed Gated manual Transmission
✔️ Excellent example in great colour combination
✔️ High specification
2020 Bentley Continental GT V8
Offer now: £162,000
✔️ Updated design ✔️ Impressive specification ✔️ City, Touring and Mulliner Driving packages
1997 Ferrari F355 GTS
Offer now: £125,000
✔️ Manual, RHD, UK market car ✔️ 50,654 miles ✔️ Rosso Corsa/ Nero ✔️ £15,000 restoration at 50,433 miles
2016 McLaren 675LT Spider
Offer now: £217,000
✔️ 1/500 worldwide ✔️ MSO special order paintwork & £33,000 optional equipment ✔️ Remaining Warranty