2007 Ferrari 599 GTB
The Pininfarina-penned 599 GTB or Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano to give it its full title was Ferrari’s first aluminium chassis production car with a front-mid engine layout and the use of flying buttresses initially for pure styling benefit to remove ‘visual weight’ from the rear when compared to the outgoing 575M Maranello model and harking back to the Pininfarina feature found on the Dino 206 GT.
It was after the styling scale models were wind tunnel tested that the full aerodynamic benefits became apparent in channeling airflow over the rear, eliminating the need for a rear wing and arguably Ferrari had stumbled on a design feature that would start an automotive trend in sportscars with subsequest examples including the Ford GT, Honda NSX, McLaren 570S and the BMW i8 to name but a few.
Showing a scarce 2,939 miles from new and with its second owner since March 2008
In addition, the 599 also has an underbody spoiler and venturi tunnels that added to the overall downforce with all of these aerodynamic features, whether planned or not, having downforce benefits but creating minimal drag.
This extremely low-mileage Nero example of a 599 GTB Fiorano is therefore an investable example of this pivotal ‘aero’ flying buttress design, not being the first with the feature from a styling perspective on a production car but perhaps the first to realise the aerodynamic benefits of the flying buttress feature.
Showing a scarce 2,939 miles from new this example has been with its second owner since March 2008, having spent 10 years of that time in storage and only being used on rare occasions. So much so, that between 2010 and 2022 the car only amassed a further 837 miles. Spending some time in October 2022 with Ferrari dealer H.R. Owen London the vehicle was subject to a fresh service and MOT which resulted in a clean, first time pass. Included with the car is the leather owners wallet with accompanying booklets, service book and the original printed certificate of conformity - a rare find.
- Nero Daytona Paintwork
- Nero Full Leather Interior
- Carbon Steering Wheel with Upper Crown and LEDs
- Full Electric Recaro Sports Seats with Daytona Inserts
- Yellow Stitching
- Yellow Rev Counter
- Yellow Brake Calipers
- Scuderia Ferrari Shields
- 20" Ball-Polished Monolithic Wheels
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Bose Stereo System
- Carbon Ceramic Brakes
- Daytona Style Seat Trim
- Leather For Rear Bench
- Leather Daytona Seat Inserts
- 1st registered - 10/07/2007
- current owner since 21/03/2008
- 13/08/2009 at 1,809 miles - service carried out by Joe Macari Servicing
- 15/07/2010 at 2,081 miles - service carried out by Joe Macari Servicing
- 13/10/2011 at 2,257 miles - MOT
- 18/10/2011 at 2,267 miles - service, carried out by Joe Macari Servicing
- 16/11/2012 at 2,507 miles - MOT
- 27/11/2013 at 2,536 miles - MOT
- 02/07/2014 at 2,540 miles - Service carried out by Oakmere Cars
- 21/11/2014 at 2,611 miles - MOT
- 08/01/2016 at 2,637 miles - MOT
- 16/01/2017 at 2,669 miles - MOT
- 16/01/2018 at 2,677 miles - MOT
- 09/08/2022 - 20/10/2022 at 2,907 miles - Service and MOT carried out by H.R. Owen, London
- The car has been in regular storage from 2012 until 2022
The car is in excellent overall condition for its age in keeping with its low use and mileage. Please contact to arrange a viewing appointment.
At A Glance
✔️ Extremely Low Mileage Example
✔️ Recently Ferrari Serviced
✔️ The First Aluminium Chassis Ferrari
✔️ Generous Specification
You may also like...
2016 Ariel Nomad 300
Buy now: £59,990
✔️ High specification ✔️ Rare ambidextrous chassis ✔️ Option to purchase off road wheels and tyres
1969 Aston Martin DB6
✔️ Continuous documented history from new and only 4 owners. ✔️ Extensive restoration and engine rebuild ✔️ Arguably one of the best examples available
2016 McLaren 675LT Spider
Buy now: £217,000
✔️ 1/500 worldwide ✔️ MSO special order paintwork & £33,000 optional equipment ✔️ Remaining Warranty
2017 Aston Martin DB11
Buy now: £89,990
✔️ 1 Owner & Low Mileage ✔️ AMR Power Upgrade ✔️ Iconic Colour Combination